Leap of Faith

Here I am. An OFW living the OFW life. I promised I will be coming home for good when my daughter turns 7. It's still 6 months away from her birthday but I have decided that I will be submitting my resignation letter tomorrow. 

Stress has been building-up more than the usual stress at work. Getting up for work is so hard and a lot of things have been slowly and painfully eating me inside. It's not fun. I've been lucky to be considered on of the key persons in the company but that is also a curse since I do have to shoulder a lot of responsibility at work. Sometimes most of it is not even mine. 

I stormed out of the office very early last Thursday. That could have been what they figuratively called "the last straw". I'm tired. I'm spent. I couldn't take anymore of this shit. I cursed out loud as I was walking on my way to my flat. I was so angry and upset with everything.

Image Source

So here I am, unsure what lies next. I'm just happy that I will be able to spend time with my family longer than 30 days. Financially, I have saved enough to have a 3 months buffer of disposable income without having to touch our savings. I have a breadth of experience which I can count on to be able to take a job in the future. But it is still a leap of faith since I can't tell if i'll be able to find a job as financially rewarding than the job I have right now. 

But my emotional and mental health is more important now. One of the most important thing that I would advise my daughter is to NEVER STOP LOOKING FOR THE THING THAT WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY. When you already have a family to feed that decision is usually made for you but if you saved enough money to enable you to search for your passion then by all means PURSUE IT! I guess the purpose of writing this is to convince myself that I'm making the right choice. Let's find out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PLAN: MY POST OFW LIFE

Existential thoughts on my Birthday

Choosing Airline Seats - Etihad