Surviving Airport Stopovers / Layovers

Abu Dhabi Airport Terminal 3

Being an OFW for almost 5 years, being inside an airport is almost a yearly routine. Direct flights to Manila is not usually a costly option. If you're lucky it wouldn't matter with your company but in my case, the most cost effective option is always the priority.

I'm not complaining though since connecting flights offer an opportunity to explore another country's airport and spend some time buying chocolates in Duty Free. In my next flight I will be making my stopover at Abu Dhabi Airport which is the home base of Etihad Airlines. I will be spending 4.5 hours which is a long time but not as long compared to other flights where you need to spend 10 to 24hrs. Luckily, I haven't experienced that yet.

Here's how I plan to spend my 4.5 hour stopover:

1) Go around and take pictures of the airport to document in my blog; maybe find something to eat
2) Shop for chocolates at the duty free
3) Look for my gate and find a place nearby to sit down comfortably
4) Spend the rest of the time listening to podcast, watching movie on my mobile

Not too exciting but enough to kill time before I board the long haul flight. What about you? How do you spend your long layovers?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE PLAN: MY POST OFW LIFE

Existential thoughts on my Birthday

Choosing Airline Seats - Etihad